Who We Are
New Heaven New Earth Church of Jesus, also known as Shincheonji (SCJ) is a church established in South Korea and located in numerous countries worldwide. The name Shincheonji translates in English to New Heaven New Earth, which was promised to appear in Revelation 21:1.
Approximately 2,000 years ago, the prophecy that God promised through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled at the time of Jesus’ first coming. New Heaven New Earth appeared according to the New Testament Revelation's fulfillment to testify the fulfillment of all chapters of Revelation—from Revelation 1 to Revelation 22—without adding to or subtracting from the words of prophecy. This is to equip all people with the understanding of the testimony of Jesus in Revelation and the faith needed to overcome all trials of this world.
New Heaven New Earth believes in God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. We pray in the name of Jesus, and carry out our life of faith according to the Bible. We believe all people must understand the entirety of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, with an emphasis today on understanding the book of Revelation to keep the new covenant, which are Jesus' promises during the end of times. We believe the Bible is the only book we need to understand it. We believe God desires all men to come to an understanding of the truth, and for all nations to have their sins forgiven through the blood of Jesus.
The New Heaven New Earth Online Word Seminar, an 8 month long seminar series with tremendous response. It has now exceeded 23 million cumulative views.
Pastors worldwide have listened to the New Heaven New Earth online seminars and have expressed gratitude, confessing that they repent of their faith in the past, which lacked understanding. We invite you to come and listen, so that we can nurture our faith and continue on the path to heaven through the word of revelation together.
In addition, in 2019, our theological seminary, the Zion Christian Mission Center, held a graduation of over 100,000 students. With 103,764 graduates, it was the world’s largest graduation ceremony under a single denomination. This year (2022) we expect to hold another graduation of over 100,000 students.
The Zion Christian Mission Center is established according to the promises of the Bible teaches solely from the Bible. A free theological seminary (Rv 22:17), that has over 600 locations established across the world. In 2019, with 103,764 students in participation, the Zion Christian Mission Center hosted the single largest graduation ceremony to be held by any theological seminary worldwide.
After the New Heaven New Earth online seminars many churches, pastors, and seminarians have signed a MOUs with New Heaven New Earth, promising to be united in front of the Word of God regardless of nationality, race, or denomination.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Shincheonji, New Heaven New Earth? Shincheonji means “New Heaven and New Earth”. It is written about in Rv 21, in which God promises to dwell there with His people and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain. This is the name of our church, the kingdom of God that has been created according to the promise of the Bible.
2. Does New Heaven New Earth teach about “Doomsday”? We do not teach about a doomsday, or that the world will come to an end. Ecclesiastes 1:4 states, “Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever”. God is the creator of the heavens and the earth, and promises to return to His people in Revelation. The reason God left is due to sin and in Revelation, Satan is defeated once and for all. Therefore, the New Heaven New Earth becomes God’s dwelling on this earth.
3. What is the core belief of New Heaven New Earth? We believe in God, the Father, and Jesus, the son of God, and the holy spirit of God that works through His people. We believe that all believers must learn and understand the Bible the way it was intended by God. There are thousands of Christian denominations and numerous ways in which they interpret God’s word. However, believers must learn the truth from the beginning to the end of the Bible without man’s interpretation.
4. Who is the founder of New Heaven New Earth? The full name of the Shincheonji Church is “Shincheonji, Church of Jesus, the Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony”. As the name mentions, the founder of the church is Jesus, not any man. Since God is the creator, a man cannot be the founder of the church.
5. Do you have to give up your life (job, school, family, etc.) to be in New Heaven New Earth? Absolutely not. Many missionaries of different religious groups give their lives to do the work they deem as beneficial and are personally passionate about. In the same way, some Shincheonji members may engage in full-time missionary work because they are personally passionate about it and see it as a fulfilling way to live. This is every individual’s personal decision. Any religion should not force their members to give up their lives and dedicate themselves only to the church. Religion is for one’s spirituality and one’s life, so individuals must make their own decisions. We do not control nor force members to do anything they do not wish to partake in.